Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
navillusi

Flow Integration using RSView

4 posts in this topic

I need a solution for a current RSView project to integrate an instantaneous flow into a cumulative flow total. The instantaneous flow is derived from a device tag in litres per second. I would like to integrate this into a total flow periodically, e.g. every minute. At the end of the day the total is moved to "storage" tag and then reset to zero. I had the idea of running an event every minute and using derived tags to do the math. It seems somewhat long winded. Does anyone know of a simpler solution, perhaps using VB? (There are no reporting add-ins or other extra's on this system) Cheers

Hi, The file I posted called "Small Pumping Station Example using subroutines" includes a flow totaliser routine that does exactly what you are asking for, but in the SLC rather than RSView. I realise you may have a reason to do the totalising in RSView, but in most cases I would plump to do it in the PLC because there is less risk of loosing the totals and I think its easier to do. On the other hand if someone else has a nifty VB app that does this task already, then let us all know!!

Unable to find your post "Small Pumping Station Example using subroutines" can you advise where to get as i would like a look at totaliser code.

see this post http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopi...mp;hl=totalizer