Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mulderm

Changing textcolor in RSView display

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I have created a display in a RSView32 project. Now I want changing the textcolor of some text in the display as follow: When N7:0 (tag "Status") = 0 then the text must be Green. When N7:0 = 1 then the text must be Red, and when N7:0 = 2 then the text must be Blue. How can I do this? Greetings, mulderm

I have only played with RsView and it has been a long time ago but the general idea is to create a multistate display triggered by N7:0. Then if N7:0 is 0 you can use one color text and if it is 1 you can use another color text. You should not have a problem embedding tags into these multistate strings either.

The easiest way I can think of is probably to use a MultiState Indicator and set the Border Style to None and the BackStyle property to Transparent. This will look make it look the same as Static Text, then just configure your property's of the MultiState to your desired colors.

Sorry guy´s, but I am new for RSView32. How to create a multistate display? Can only find string display, numeric display options. Do you have a sample display-screen? I use RSView32 V6.5. Greetings, mulderm

I missed you were using RSView 32.. was thingking RSView ME. There is no Multistate Indicator in RSView32 however this technote explains how to create one.. Note -- I have never tryed this.. let us know how it works, if you try it http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/appl...1256C40006F559D Edited by TechJunki

Another way to do a multistate indicator in RSView 32 is to use a "string" display using an expression i.e. if your_tag = 1 then "State 1 text" else if your_tag = 2 then "State 2 text" else "state 0 text" You can make it change colour by adding animation to the colour of the string using similar expressions

TechJunki, I have tried your option and it works GREAT!!! Many, many thanks. Other Guy´s thank you for the information and helps. Greetings, mulderm