Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Gili

PT connection to CJ1G using NT link?

7 posts in this topic

Dear Sir I am trying to connect the NT600 PT to CJ1G using 1:N NT link via RS232 cable. When connecting the PT to a CQM1H everything works ok. I can modify the PT number from 0 to 7 and all is OK. When connecting the same PT to the CJ1G (either to the rs232 PORT or to the PORT2 of SCU41) I can't get it to work (the PT shows:"Connecting To Host"). Wiring is done according to the SCU41 manual (and as I said it works for the CQM1H). When studying the control registers (DM3000x and 1517xx) everything seems ok. I must have skipped some silly issue. Please HELP. Thanks Gili

Have you setup the serial port in the PLC to NTLink? Default is host link.

Be sure to use the CX-Programmer Settings Utility to set the ports to 1:N NT Link. Just setting the DMs does not setup the port. The DMs are a reflection of what has been set with the settings utility. Also be sure you are using standard speed rather than high speed as NT600S only supports standard speed. Be sure to transfer the data under Options:Transfer to PLC in the Settings Utility. This option will not be available if the CPU is not in the Program Mode.

Hi Yes I have used the CX utility and also the DM (I actually belive that they are identical after hours of testing changes). I also tryed after every change to START/STOP the PLC and evev to turn it off and on. Whenever I change (PLC and PT) to host/link, it comes back to operation. Also diferent speeds are execpted, so I belive I am contoling the settings. My wiring is: 2-3, 3-2, 5-5 and jumpers 4-5 at both ends (because I belive the PT does not support hardware handshake. Are there any more ideas? Gili

You might try 9-9 rather than 5-5. 9 is signal ground for both products.

How stupid of me. The cable I am using is wired 9-9. This is not the problem I am facing.

OK guys, here is the answer. It seems that the port configuration of the CJ, update, only after a combination of PLC restart and bit settings. It is explained in the W336E1-04.pdf on page 34. I am sorry to update you only now but I was out on a project when I found the solution, and couldn't get to the internet earlier. If I may add: these CJ are powerful but very comlicated. Thanks to everyone Gili