Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnny61

PLEASE give an example on sequencer

42 posts in this topic

can you please convert the file to pdf format because my logixpro can not open rss file.thanks. Edited by johnny61

I can convert but it will take a day or two before I am at a machine with full acrobat.

BobLfoot's program in pdf format: TANK_PROGR2.pdf

Thanks Ken - I realized after my last post that acrobat is on my personal PC and RSlogix on my corporate pc but neither ahs both programs on one pc.

Thanks for the file but why there is no SQO and SQC instruction in the ladder diagram.

Where is the program sample that BobLfoot and Snerkel are commenting on?

Ok enough joking. This should give you an idea of how the SQO works and it is a working program with an SQO. Look at it, type it in, scratch your head about it, look at it some more, read a magazine, come back to it, get you some lunch, print it out, sleep with it under your pillow, look at it again...Come back with a question more specific than how does an SQO work.

Do you have the SLC500 Instructions manual? If not, go to http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...&SortOrder=Desc and get the SLC 500 Instruction Set Reference Manual. (pdf) The SQO & SQC instruction usage is explained starting chapter 7. Then look at Tank_Prog2. Instead of actually turning on the outputs individually (like rungs 11-14), a rung with the SQO instruction will turn outputs on & off as a group. This meant less ladder rungs for us programmers who were really concerned with memory way back when. (Yeah, I was there once upon a time!) Good for plc memory, bad for electricians who had to troubleshoot the dang program. SQC does the same thing for the inputs - get all of them together & compare them to see if I'm going to the next step. When it matches, go to the next step so the SQO can do it's thing. No, I'm not going to give you a ladder for this. Look at the tables on page 7-9 and 7-11. They'll be more instructive than actual ladder because you can't see the tables with just a ladder printout. Besides, where would the fun be??? I've just given you the fishing pole... HTH! Susan

I attach a ladder diagram.Please give some comment and help me.I really getting confuse with SQO. sqo.doc

Play with my example a few post up then work on adding the SQC. Once you understand the SQO the SQC will be much easier

My plc program will not allow me to use the B10:0 as the file for SQO.It only allow me to use #N7:0.Can it work?

Yes it should work or atleast it does in a PLC, use #N7:0 for the file and N7:0 for the destination. Make N7s data file length somewhere around 10

johnny61 it would help if when editing your post to remove a link that you noted the removal in the edited post.

Ok so there was a sample file removed. Why?

there are mistake in the destination address and the file name.

finally i manage to understand SQO.thanks for all the advice,tips and guide.

No problem. As far as the deleted file, it is your file and your right to delete it, but it causes confusion when post are commenting on a file that is no longer in the thread