Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wsy_nte

Melsec PLC to ML1500 conversion

8 posts in this topic

Hi.. I want to convert melsec PLC to ML1500, I want to know the function of register 8000 - 8013 on melsec plc and how to convert to AB ML1500? Thank you. James

Can you advise of which Melsec PLC? Fx, A etc? Which registers? M, D or both? There are many manuals posted on this site which may help, i.e. if you are looking for the registers of an Fx PLC, look for the FX programming manual in the downloads section

I assume you've got something of the similar level, meaning the Mitsubishi FX family. Be aware that not all high-speed capabilities of Mitsubishi FX may be supported by ML1500. If you post your program printout, we could judge better. Edited by Sergei Troizky

I used Melsec FX1N-64MR. I used M8000 register to turn on Y0 and M8013 register to turn on Y1. Which instruction on ML1500 to replace M8000 and M8013? Thank you. James

Well that tells us it is a counter, but going to need a little more information to convert it. Can you post you program. The Micrologix will not have an instruction to replace the Mitsubishi's register. You will need to use a function file. Give us some specifics please

M8000 is a run always contact, equivalant to AB S:1/12. M8013 is a 1 second clock pulse. You may have to set up your own pulse with a counter if you need to keep exactly 1 sec. There is a free running time clock in AB - it is S:4. The closest you get to a second is to use S:4/6, giving a clock of 1.280 seconds. Edited by mjrx

Yes but judging by his previous threads I'm guessing he is driving some type of pulse output with a high speed counter. But I could be out in left field. I think almost all his previous threads were measuring. The HSC is setup significantly different between the two But the more I think about it usually you see pulsed outputs to Y0 and Y1 so you are probably right. No HSC

As for the 1 second, if you need exact this is what I use for a 1 second beacon Edited by TWControls