Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Spell Check

36 posts in this topic

I am relatively new to this forum. Joined after 6 loyal years in the AB Forums and they closed em without a howdy do. {but that is another post}. I am still working on my typing accuracy and miss the spell check function so useful in word and outlook. is there any way that spell check could be added the post tools of this forum? What do others tink? Please weigh in - do I have a good idea? Am I all wet? or did i miss how to use an already existing function?

See image

OK your post window and mine are different. Must be a feature for some and not for others. I searched help and there is no spell check help.

Go to My Controls > Board Settings then change you editor from Standard Editor to Rich Text Editor Edited by TWControls

Mark this question answered. thanks again TW.

TWControls, I was looking for the same thing and I still can't locate it even in the Rich Text Editor.

Does your editor look like what I posted then it is standard or if it looks like tw's it is the rigch text and the abc with a checkmark is your spell check icon.

Does you editor look like mine or Bobs. Look at the Cut, Copy and Paste icons

I am missing the ABC checkmark but have everything else. Edited by Bob O

Wow BobLfoot that spell check sure is speeding up your posting. Bob0 - Can you post a screen capture?

What can I say TW give a man a fishing rod and he'll feed himself. BobO - the print screen button and accessories - paint program make screenshots really simple.

I don't know. Lots of days I just seem to drown worms

Ok first of all. what's EVERYONE got? Spell check only works if you are using IE browser currently, we can't get it to work if you are using Firefox.

Here it is as a file. I haven't taken the time to learn how to insert images. Edit...Ok never mind, I am on Firefox. Screen_Shot.bmp Edited by Bob O

I have IE

I am using IE 6.0.2900 and had to install iespeller for it to work but it does.

Bob O's looks just like mine but is missing the spelling icon so I'm going to guess it's not IE

Sorry guys....this Firefox and IE thing is tough to deal with. I like Firefox as well so I feel your pain. I have IE also just for special websites, for example to view www.microsoft.com...... anyway...I dunno why they are so different, we do our best but IEspeller was designed for IE only. I'll keep you posted if we get it fixed for Firefox.

What is so special about any of them? The reason I use IE is because it was easier to write web pages for PLCs in IE, beyond that no different than Netscape to me. I have never used Firefox

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Spelling does matter if the instructions from your loved one are "Meet me next to the dessert" and not "Meet me next to the desert". LOL Good one sleepy.

Spell check is only important if you can't read and write fluent typo.

Spell check is very important to me. I didn't do very well in English class. But what makes one prefer IE, Netscape, Firefox, etc?

I switched to Firefox because I have read and heard it is less vulnerable to security issues. Also, this was talk about over at Phil’s a while ago.

I use Firefox because it is more secure for a couple of reasons. 1. It's not part of windows. 2. It doesn't run active x 3. It has a smaller installed base, so fewer attacks are aimed at it. Plus, I really like the tabbed browsing, and it's a little faster than IE.