Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NMD

RSLogix Simulator

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm using RSLogix 5 for programming and RSLogix Emulate 5 for simulating. All thing OK, but when I simulate a Timer and a Counter, It DIDN'T work (not RUN, others run). How can I do to run a Timer or Counter in RSLogix Emulate 5. Please help me. Thanks.

I doub't anybody will know the answer until you explain your logic / post image /or "Program file". The only guess I can make of is the rung with timer/counter is not energized, or some other elements are resetting the timer / counter, or the file which the timer/counter resides was not scanned (no JSR to the subroutine)

Chavak is 100% right. you have to ask your self: was ladder file containing timer/counter instruction scanned? was condition in front of timer/counter true? are you sure there was nothing else using same timer/counter or writing to it?

one thing you can do if my memory serves me right is in the emulator you can emulate in steps you might want to try this. il will play with it a bit tonight and get back with you tommorow

using the emulator i was able to take a program that i have posted on another topic in which i was having some problems with a encoder and emulate it going step by step you might want to try it with your own