Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest GreenHead

changing timers help

3 posts in this topic

Thanks for a great forum! I'm fairly new to programming so some of this is way over my head. I have a Micrologix 1000 that is going to be operating air cylinders. I am wanting to eliminate 2 external timers and replace them with logic. My problem is that I don't know what type of external device to use or much less how to set it up in logic. I have been told a PV is not an option. Is there a way to do this with a simple thumbwheel or some other device? How can I be sure that it won't enter a negative number and fault out the program? I know how to move a number and use it as a preset for a timer but finding the proper way to get that number inside the logic and maintaining integrity are stumping me. Any help would be appreciated.

The attached file is how I would go about it. It may seem a little complex but if you take each branch at a time it all makes sense. There are many different ways to skin cats in this game and I am sure others might do it a little differently; but this example is complete and maintains the integrity of the timer value at all times. The use of a single rung with many branches, as this example uses, is my way of ensuring that instructions that are sequence critical are kept in the same order. If you shift the whole rung about, the correct sequence of instructions within the rung are maintained If you have LOTS of BCD switch inputs to deal with, (say more than 10) I would set about writing a little subroutine to deal with them. If you need this email me and I will have a go. BCDINPUT.RSS

Ooops, spot the non-deliberate errors: Ignore please the first version...try this one. BCDINPUT_2.RSS