Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tashinz

CX-Supervisor 1.3

27 posts in this topic

Thanx anonymous for the response. I looked at the Help->About box, it says Version 1.3 (20). So, there is no MBCS. I installed CX-Supervisor 1.3(20) from the patch I downloaded from Omron download ftp site for registered users, and I applied that patch to CX-Supervisor 1.25 (4). Just to mention, originally I had CX-Supervisor 1.22 (9), then I applied patch to 1.25 (4) and finally I applied the latest patch for upgrade to 1.3 (20). Old projects that already have scripts with tText = "š?ž?" works, runtime doesn't alert any error. But, in developer, when I open the script with the line above, and try to save it, script compiler alerts error. My regional settings are English (United States), Language for non-Unicode programs is Serbian (Latin), that is Advanced Tab in Regional and Language Options in Control Panel. Here is an error script compiler alerts, when I press OK in script editor: tText = "š???žSyntax error" <UNTERMINATED STRING> 2 compilation error(s) If I type tText = "testing" and press OK, it's ok. If I type the following: tText = "Latin letters are š???ž" compiler alerts the following: tText = "LatinSyntax error lettttttttttt???ž" <UNTERMINATED STRING> 2 compilation error(s) If I set Language for non-Unicode programs to English (United States) same thing happens, only that I can not see now Latin letters in script editor just vertical lines. When I copy that to MS Word, I see Latin letters. Just to mention, operating system is MS Windows Professional SP2 with all the latest fixes and patches, computer is 2GHz Celeron with 512 MB RAM, and GeForce FX5500 with 256MB RAM. Hope this will help you to trace the problem. Thank you very much anonymous, and the CX-Supervisor development team. Edited by tashinz

Also, I've tried this morning to completely uninstall CX-Supervisor 1.3, using remove feature of the installer. then i completely wiped it out from the registry, manualy (i deleted every key that contains CX-Supervisor, SCS.exe entry). Then i started installation of CX-Supervisor 1.2(9), and after that i started the patch for upgrading to 1.3(20). Same thing happens as before, no lines such as tText = "š?ž??" script compiler allows. My keyboard layout is Serbian(Latin). One thing more, when i switch to Serbian (Cyrilic), script compiler allows to type tText = "?????" but script editor doesn't show cyrilic letters, only |||| (vertical lines) tText = "|||||". Runtime shows Cyrilic and Latin (š?ž??) letters (if i enter the text using edit text function). This is important to me since my SCADA projects are developed mainly for Serbian market. Thanks to all again, for your effort and patience. Regards. Edited by tashinz