Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_IanJohnston

Q-Series RS232 driver for MX32/Fix32

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, There's the MIT RS232 driver for the A-Series, but it doesn't work with Q-Series. I'll use OPC if I have to, but does anyone know of maybe a 3rd party RS232 driver for Fix32 (MX32). Cheers, Ian.

The standard mitsubishi driver within fix for A-series ethernet will also work on Q. Other than that the MCS driver from Mitsubishi is reccomended as it will do serial, ethernet, melsecnet etc...

Now that is wierd..........I was told specifically today (by Mits Scotland effectively) that the MIT driver would not work with Q (new-Q, not QnA). We did try it, and I tried setting the driver to AnA as well as AnS setting on the driver and it didn't connect. Monday will see us having another bash at it. Ian.

Apologies.... I was confused, for some reason I assumed that you were talking about the ethernet driver (mqe) not the serial driver. In any case, I would still reccomend the MCS OPC software if you can get no further with MIT

We have finished a project with Q just couple of months ago. Communication PC Q06H CPU was done using RS232 and MX components running on the PC. There are number of limitations to some types of communication but the RS232 works just fine (and really fast if your PC supports higher baud rates). panic mode