Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_dyay_

omron sysmac sp20

4 posts in this topic

im just starting to work on PLC programming.. and im working wid this kin of PLC (omron sysmac sp20) but i cant open it because it needs a password.. anyone knows how to retrieve it?! i have talked to omron representative few months ago.. he said that it was just easy to retrieve d password. but he didn't told me. im working on a manufacturing company as a production engineer.. i need to design a new machine sing this PLC. tnx for the help...

I wasn't aware of an SP20 being able to have password protection. Obviously you are using minilss to program it? Or are you using a hand held programmer, in which case it could be CLR-MNTR-CLR. Might i suggest that you you use a more current PLC, such as a CPM1 and program it with Syswin (Get your hands on CX-Programmer (CX-One) through if you can). MiniLSS is supported in DOS and newer computers with newer op systems might struggle with it.

im using a hand held programming console. iv already opened it.. but i think its quite technical.. is there a way i can get a manual or instruction of using this plc through internet!? what is minills?! is that a program on pc?! can i download it on net!? is it true that i can see the ladder diagram of spc20 thru progaming console!? tnx... :D

Here is a link to MiniLSS. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=82 However, if I were you I would take Sleepy's advice and use an up to date PLC with CX-Programmer.