Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest student

Tables

9 posts in this topic

hi The operator should type 200x,200y and 200z positions from a list into the NTscreen at the beginning of his work.I have created a numeral input field for x, y and z as i dont think theres any possibility of having a "joined, or grouped line" for all. Well, the problem is how to scroll these 3 input fields together at the same time.This would be necessary e.g the operator would like to correct or erase line no.42 later on, so he has to scroll the whole line.Line numbers must be updated somehow at the end of such an operation.I have a distant idea of a line-pointer, but i didnt get how the physical scrolling of a group of input fields are done. Another problem was how the PLC will know when the operator pushes the enter-touch.I overlapped 2 touch buttons as i didnt see a more elegant way.

A couple of questions: 1. What version of NTST are you using? 2. What is the exact model number of the NT631C that you have targeted for this application? 3. Under Start|Omron|NTST do you have a program called NT System INstaller? Based on the answers to the above questions, the solution will be simple or very complex. If you have late enough software and you have access to NT System installer, you can upgrade your NT631C to the recipe function which is exactly what you are looking for. If not, it's going to take an enormous amount of complex ladder using indirect addressing. Here's a screen shot of what it will look like:

hello Jay heres the set up i have: -version NTST 3.30 (1999) -model no:631C-ST151-E -NTSeries System Installer Version 1.00 (1998) @windows well, its not the latest set up, i guess, but i hope not too much of complex ladder programming,esp.a lot of DM's will be required?why will the installer be needed? Edited by student

1)communication PC-NTscreen works fine, as shown above on your screen shot. It is also possible to enter values with a key pad. However the "enter" touch doesnt do anything. Also the "write" and "read" touch (and horizontal scroll bars)do not work. How is it possible to "activate"those (horizontal scroll bars not important)? Without writing from Ntscreen to the PLC ,the ladder programm cannot be started properly. 2)Regarding the DM organisation: the start address is D03 for x1 (value 1000 on your example), D04 for y1 (99), and D05 for z1 (100). Is D05 =2000, D06=90 and D07=200?Is one line= one recipe?

Yes. Recipe will equal three DM's.

Thats exactly the setting i had done before. The start address was indicated as D00003 at the recipe record setting.Nevertheless, if "write" was touched 2 beeps were coming and when i read the D-memory area from the PLC to the PC all the values from the example above were still 0. 1.) The solution was that the PLC cannot read,i suppose, one individual value (say X3), but one has to mark the whole line.If one line is marked reading and writing is fine.However, i didnt see a "select all" button.So it is only possible to write one line after the other to the PLC and not the whole table at once?Thats why X2 overwrites X1 (X3 overwrites X2 etc.) i.e right now all the X values are stored inD03 2.) Values from 0-9 are in the Hex and Dec data-editor the same.Values above this range are different, if viewed with the 2 editors. Which values are true for the range above 9 ? (I suppose hex-values). Edited by student

The hex values are true for numbers A-F.

Hello Sorry to poke my nose into your business. I made a similar project where all the data was stored in an arrey in the DM. The arrey was handeled by the PLC as a FIFO with the ability to , , and lines. Using this method, the display can show a different, edit area, where only part of the working array is visible (the display shows a fix area of DM's). One of the display lines is the entry area. When scroling up and down, the arrey index is increased or decreased and display area update accordingly. Also a "clear all" and "store" can manipilate the working arrey into many storage locations. It takes some work do realize, but it looks nice and intuitive. Using 1:1 NT-Link communication makes the scrolling look nice. Gili

Hello Sorry to poke my nose into your business. I made a similar project where all the data was stored in an arrey in the DM. The arrey was handeled by the PLC as a FIFO with the ability to EDIT, MOVE, and ERASE lines. Using this method, the display can show a different, edit area, where only part of the working array is visible (the display shows a fix area of DM's). One of the display lines is the entry area. When scroling up and down, the arrey index is increased or decreased and display area update accordingly. Also a "clear all" and "store" can manipilate the working arrey into many storage locations. It takes some work do realize, but it looks nice and intuitive. Using 1:1 NT-Link communication makes the scrolling look nice. Gili