Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
balerjoe

Allan Bradley To Excell

4 posts in this topic

Guys I know this can be done. What I'm trying to do is tie in the load in & out meters in the plant to a excel spreadsheet. This will give a a accurate count of incoming product and out going. In the plant as the machines do there processes they have meters I want to tie this in as well. This will give me accurate count of product coming off the machine. As well as give me some shrink numbers. Help with scheduling loads as well. Any help in this regard will be appreciated. Thanks Edited by balerjoe

First of all, do you have RsLinx Single Node, OEM, or Professional? RsLinx Lite will not work. After that, go to you help in RsLinx. Go to the Index tab and type in Excel. Below that you will see DDE Macro. From there you have pretty good examples of reading and writing a word or a block of words. I think RsLinx Lite also has the same help documentation but it is not capable of DDE Also you are limited to somewhere around 121 words per DDE request

Assuming you are working with an AB PLC and not an AB Panel Meter the attached spreadsheet should give you a good startiing point. I hope it is well enough documented. SampleDDE.zip