Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
controltestguy

Panelmate 3000

7 posts in this topic

I have a Panelmate 3000 Power Series Operator Interface but no software. Is there anyway to back-door the password and clear the program? I've tried calling Eaton, but they don't return calls. thanks, CTG.

Hello controltestguy. Were able to ever find the answer to this question? I need to find out the same info.

Hacking, bypassing or any other means of unauthorized access to password protected devices/software is not promoted on this forum.

I am sorry if you had taken it that way. I wonder why you would automatically assume that I am. I am being asked my my manager to develop a HMI which I have very limited knowledge of. I do have the authorized site license of the software. I am just trying to learn as many newbies do... what is the easiest way to setup and communicate with certain pieces of hardware. In this case a Panelmate Pro 1700. I welcome the help if you are willing.....

First of all, controltestguy hasn't visited this forum in three years. Little chance he will be able to tell you. Second of all, Shiner is absolutely correct. Although your purpose might be only to clear the HMI to factory defaults, the method to do so through clearing/bypassing the password is not discussed here. I guess your best option is to pull the battery and hope the memory clears after a while.

I kinda figured it would be a long shot that controltestguy would respond. It was worth a shot. I bought this unit off Ebay, hence the reason it has a program already loaded that I do not need. Pulling the battery did nothing. Thanks for the help though.

You should try Google sometime. It's really good http://www.eaton.com/Electrical/USA/ProductsandServices/AutomationandControl/OperatorInterface/PanelMatePowerPro/index.htm PanelMate Online Operation User's Guide PanelMate Online Operation User\'s Guide .pdf