Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest notsosure

120 VAC digital I/O?

3 posts in this topic

Are there any small PLCs supporting 120 VAC digital I/Os for connecting to pilot devices?

there are plenty of the small plcs to have this. question is how small plc should be (number of I/O), which brand and language would you prefer? some small plcs come with lcd display that can be used for programming etc. you can try alpha controllers from mitsubishi which are quite powerfull. the downside is rather difficult programming if you don't have software package and must use the lcd display for programming. on the other hand they are more flexible and powerfull than comparable products from competition (you can write more complex program). word of advice, if you don't want to buy programming software and cable (you want to program through integrated interface with lcd display), try to use device which used ladder logic. there are similar products from just about any major plc supplier such as allen bradley, siemens, omron etc. usually such devices have 10-16 I/O and are considered "smart relays". one thing to note is that the "smart relays" usually don't handle well input devices which have leakage current (such as 2-wire AC proxy switches). you would have to add external load for those devices or use relays to get reliable inputs. hope this helps

Most of the major players offer 110 VAC versions of their small PLCs. Look at the DL05 from Automation Direct or the VersaMax Micro from GE Fanuc.