Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gruntstripe

Step5 Program Comments - How To?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to plc's. I have uploaded some progs from S5 plc's (SU 95 I think). I have a list of I/O's that I want to put in the ladder program which will then be printed out. No manual available and can't seem to find the appropriate one on Siemens web site (bit confusing). Our s/w is Step5 V7.11 I think. Have had a go myself but to no avail. Can somebody give me some pointers, I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance. It's ok - figured it out. Think I'll need a new keyboard though! Edited by gruntstripe

Hi gruntstripe, In S5 program the comments/list and the user program are saved in differents files. I don't have the S5 software installed right now. But I can tell you some directions. When you open the file, there is a field to insert the user program file and another to insert the file that contains the comments/list. So, you have to both files (uploaded file - program user and the coment/list file). Sorry, unfortunately I don't have the software installed and I can't give you precisely steps , but I can tell you that S5 works with separated files. I hope I've helped you .... Best regards, Berg

Hi Gruntstripe You will need to create a .SEQ and a .INI file in your s5 directory to enable the file to be saved, from the project settings page - symbols tab All symbols are listed in the Assignment list - you can add your I/O here - eg I0.1 STEPSW Step Switch or you can add comments/symbols through the s5 Block editor Hope this helps Kev

Hi, Thanks for all your help on this. I can do it now. Thanks again.