Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest student

Temporary Input Fields

3 posts in this topic

hi I would like to create an application for a vehicle which can move in 3 dimensions (x,y,z position).The positions (3 numbers) will be inputed by an operator via touch buttons on the screen.The numbers will be displayed temporary on a display after pushing the enter button. A CLEAR button will erase the display.The operator should be able to type a list of positions (say 10) at the beginning of the sequence, and the vehicle will go to these one after another. The operator should be able to scroll down the list and change the inputs if necessary. The current positions will be recorded by sensors on the field read to the PLC, and compared there with the operator inputs.At the end the current positions will be displayed on the NT screen. I have tried now for quite a time, but to no avail. I dont know how to create touch buttons for temporary numeric displays, how they can be linked (input, enter and cleared) with display fields, and how displays can be read by the PLC .Attached is the screen. NT_vehicle.onw Edited by student

Maybe an easier way for you would be to set up thumbwheel switches and drive them straight into data memories in the PLC. The value in the centre of each thumbwheel would represent each digit in the position data memory. I normally find operators understand this far better than using keypads. You can have a separate thumbwheel switch for each position and set the PLC up so that each increment/decrement of 1 = 1mm. The + and - pushbuttons on the thumbwheel operate the @INC and @DEC commands in the PLC. You will need to do a bit of data shifting to get it to work how you want but it is the easiest way. Have a look at the MOVD command to place each digit into the word where you want it.

Take a look at the following link for some examples of input keypads. Click on each individual button and see what the settings are. CS1-NT31 Demo