Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mitsibushiman

Confused over Function Block Counters

7 posts in this topic

Im hoping some one can clear this up for me, and explain it simply!. When using a COUNTER_FB in GX IEC DEV, Does the counter need to be reset after it reaches its preset val to reset the status output and begin counting again. Or to give a better example if an inductive proxy is used to send pulses to Coil and the preset val is five after five pulses the status output is activated (is this correct???-i hope so) What happens then if the coil continues to get pulses from the proxy???

To be honest, the counter_fb_m is not the ideal counter, I would reccomend the use of the "counter_m" instead. Use the output coil which is energised when the count has been reached to reset it's own coil and begin counting again. Once the counter has reached it's preset, it will not continue counting, for this it is better to use the INCP function and a comparison Dont forget you will need to declare each part of the timer in the global variables e.g. CN1, CS1 etc

Cheers for the reply, managed to get the counter_fb_m sussed out and doing what i needed it to do (reset!!), and its working fine, slowly but surely getting to grips with gx iec! Also sorry as my question wasnt to clear on what i was trying to do now that i read it again. Edited by mitsibushiman

6 hours ago, seroke said:

@mitsibushiman Hi! i've same problem.. .how did you reset it ? 

this topic is 20 years old.  You're still using GX IEC Developer?

9 hours ago, Crossbow said:

this topic is 20 years old.  You're still using GX IEC Developer?

lol :D no. its gx works 3. but i think the algorithm is same

The GX IEC function blocks with the _M on the end were more Mitsubishi specific, they were not the IEC style function blocks you see in GX Works3.  They were meant to act like the legacy Mitsubishi functions.