Panelview poll

15 votes

1. 1. Panelview poll

• Panelview 300
    • Panelview 550
    • Panelview 600
    • Panelview 1000
    • Panelview 1400

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 posts in this topic

Out of all the panelviews you have used which do you prefer

This is not a fair poll. Since the question is about *favourite PV* and dosn't include criterias like price etc. PV1000 is a clear winner. It would be nice to see what is the product of choice (or brand) and what would they like to see changed in the future version(s). I've been using numerous brands and I still prefer AB touchscreens over competition, so here is my review: Allen Bradley: Supperior documentation and Support (sorry for all Japanese brands). You can quickly get all manuals, cable pinouts etc. from AB website. Good connectivity that can be done in seconds so I can focus on programming. I also *LOVE* pass-through programming. The development time is shorter due better software. This means user friendly, Windows look and feel and SINGLE FILE projects, which is great for version maintenance. Also you don't have to go through long process of starting the software and navigating to the file and folder using tiny "Open" dialog box - just use explorer to find your file and doubleclick on it like you always do. You can make *your* buttons and indicators *ANY* way you like (try this with Japanese products). Attributes can be changed for ANY part of ANY state of ANY object, you can embed bitmaps if you really want to, to give ANY look to ANY objects without lenghty workarounds and dirty work like overlaying etc. Simplicity in editing of object properties (just highlite attributes you like and use copy and paste, you can paste in Excel and edit if you like). Don't take me wrong, PVs are my favourite screens but they are not perfect. For example development software (PanelBuilder32) I just praised is lacking one *most basic feature* = CROSSREFERENCE! (Hey AB, can't you move a finger and have this FINALLY done?). Aslo upon download, PVs tend to evaluate the project for ages before starting application. This part should be done in PC before downloading. Mitsubishi: Software is darn nightmare. So are the manuals. So is the online support. So is the delivery (if they don't have it in stock, and they usually don't you'll have to wait for 3-4 months till they make it). Technical support is not too bad but is usually veeery slow unless you are Japaneese or at least you speak Japanese. With online support they tried to catch-up with competition but the thing is still far cry from being fast, friendly and usefull. The search engine is too slow and extremly inaccurate. Provided keywords are usually generating huge hit-lists and there are absolutelly no manuals for recent products. Received products are often outdated although I had to wait for weeks (and sometimes months) and they came straight from Mitsubishi (manuals, software and firmware). Omron: Software is as bad as the Mitsubishi counterpart but much less expencive. The online/phone technical support is worse as well but my distributor has great support and our local Omron rep is very helpfull. Prices are very good delivery is good. Advantech: Something I liked on EZ Touch is large and still inexpencive screens, quick downloading, ability to work online (this is cool!!!). However do not try this feature unless you are aware of consequences - there is no abilty TO SAVE those changes on your PC (you don't have backup and you cannot download same program to second unit) and there is no option to UPLOAD from screen. Hence, always work offline and then download. panic mode

It Wasn't intended to be a fair poll but was just to answer my own curiosity. I'd been working with a variety of Panelviews and wondered what other peoples preference was .