Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
francevendee

Panelview 300

5 posts in this topic

I need to have two seperate timers displayed on a PV300 screen, both being adjustable by the operator. I have done this by selecting NUMERIC ENTRY CURSOR POINT etc , but beinf new to Panelview and Panelbuilder32 I do not understand how these will be adjusted by the operator. There are 2 timers on the screen. How do I configure, and how does the operator select and enter the relevant data to the timer? Any help would be appreciated.

This is just my take on your situation based on past experience. Do not link the Numeric Entry Cursor Point feature directly to the timer preset {which is the only parameter of a timer you want to manipulate usually}. SHould your operator enter a negative or other invalid number the TIM instruction will fault the processor. I recommend tying your entry object to an integer data file like N7:0 and after limit checking then copy to T4:0.pre for example. Edited by BobLfoot

I agree with the concept of using N7:0 and then you can use MOVe to T4:0. However, the PanelView has the ability to set the minimum and maximum values of the tag, thus giving you the ability to establish an acceptable range of timer presets and preventing a potential fault from happening if an invalid value were to be entered.

Thanks gents for your interest. I sorted the problem out. I used Functions to access the timers and then directly set the timer preset, limiting the value allowed by setting the min/max values allowed.

Glad it worked for you. I also knew about min/max in the panelview, but if the min/max changes {Production Folks are notorious for changing their minds} it is easier to edit limits in RSLogix than to download a whole new Panelview Screen.