Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JasonMonette

Rslinx 2.42 Will Load In The Task Bar, But Freeze When Clicked

32 posts in this topic

It seems it was my touch pad driver that caused links to lock up, i installed the drivers one at a time and checked to see if links worked, it stopped working after the touch pad was installed, I uninstalled it and it started to work again. I will continue to install drivers one at a time and see what causes problems

All Drivers loaded (except for touchpad) and linx is still working. Any idea what conflict my touch pad and linx would have?

Just a wild thought, but what drivers are you running within Linx. If you are running any of the serial or PIC drivers and your touchpad uses a serial or com port then you might have overlap. Just a wild hare of a thought.

Right now there are no drivers configured, which is why i am confused.

Hello! I know this is an old topic but I was just getting this error and had been breaking my head on how to fix it. In my case after trying the firewall setup/ applying rslinx patches (I even updated to rslinx pro 2.52 and it didnt fix it) it happend to be another process that was loading on start up (malware named amvo.exe) once I removed it from start up (even before cleaning it) rslinx started working after the first restart. So if anybody gets this annoying rslinx problem you might want to go to start > run msconfig and when the msconfig utility pops up go to the start up tab and disable any services you might have running there.

First, every PC I have ever used for A-B work has RSLinx start as a service. Second, RSLinx wants to control all serial ports all the time. Whenever I dock my trusty Palm handheld, I have to kill RSLinx as a service in order to get control of my serial port back. I wonder if the touchpad you note is wanting to talk serially and starts as a service before RSLinx, then RSLinx cannot get access to that port and chokes on startup as a service. Is the touchpad connected serially to your PC? You might have to upgrade to a USB touchpad. Also, you really should upgrade RSLinx to a newer version as A-B is notorious for releasing versions with bugs. You might be trying to get around a bug that A-B has resolved with a newer version. As long as you request to download the RSLinxLite version, there is no serial number required. What probably happened to you on the last download attempt is that you entered your serial number but it is probably registered to someone else. If you do not know the name in which this serial number is registered to, well then you are in a pickle. A-B really frowns on reselling of licenses, if that is your case. If not, work with your A-B distributor to get the software registered to the right person at your organization. I have been through this many times before...someone leaves your company and then you have all this leg work to do to get a generic or someone else's name put on into the registration database. Lastly, I highly recommend your company get an A-B support contract. I have always been happy with their support, and there are different levels for your business from expensive 24/7 support to the budget 8a-5p/few calls a month package. The cash flow is a good source for your local distributor and supports A-B to continue to develop new products and features. Edited by kaiser_will

RSLinx does not have to run as a service. ( its the default configuration) Just turn it off if you think it is causing trouble. See pic below. Uncheck always run as a service.