Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_AlfonsoRM

Modem and PLC

8 posts in this topic

When I connect a Modem to a PLC, for example a Westermo Modem with a CJ1 of OMRON, they communicate through port RS232, using RXD & TXD ?, and if so what kind of ladder should I write? This is: if I want to programme a simple alarm to be sent by phone through the modem, but I dont know what kind of word and how to get to the modem. Please any short sample to learn. Thank you so much. By the way, if I have Syswin, is there any way to read something programmed with CX Programmer?

Register yourself please. Yes, been there done that. I will reply with some code etc later today when I have some time.

You are right, Bob, Alfonso has posted under several guest psuedonyms in the past. It's about time he registered and joined the community. If you have code that could help, please post for all to see. This is a fairly common request. I've probably got something I could dig up, but I'll have to boil it down to the nitty-gritty. Bob, do the electrons circle counter-clockwise in the down under? Guest_AlfonsoRM: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com

Actually Jay, they travel from the ground to the index finger, reverse direction to the northern hemisphere. How do I post a file in the sample code area or a file here? It will be a zipped file conatining a pdf file and the other a cxp file with code and data memories. I do not have a website where I can post them. Regards Bob Edited by BobB

Reply to a post like normal, then click on the BROWSE for file below. You must be registered and signed on for the "upload" file to be active for you. See attached image. I know it says 5.1 MEG MAX by the browse button, but our server software only suppports 2 MEG at a time.

Post from alf moved from another topic by Jay: Let me apologies with members, I think i´m messing all the forum with old and new registrations, I hope this is the good one, and you don´t have to pull to my ears. I,ve tried to ask to Jay, but I think I´ve reached. So I think I´m AlfonsoRM, alf and alfonso, as log in with alf the seems to work, I will ask my questio again as member alf. Thanks to all, and again please excuse me. When I connect a Modem to a PLC, for example a Westermo Modem with a CJ1 of OMRON, they communicate through port RS232, using RXD & TXD ?, and if so what kind of ladder should I write? This is: if I want to programme a simple alarm to be sent by phone through the modem, but I dont know what kind of word and how to get to the modem. Please any short sample to learn. Thank you so much. By the way, if I have Syswin, is there any way to read something programmed with CX Programmer?

OK. here is a simple example and description of the TXD-RXD isntruction. The Data at D0000 will be the Hayes Modem command necessary for your dial string. I hope BobB will be able to give us a more complete example. BTW, are you aware that the CJ1W-SCU41 Comm module has built in modem commands?

Here is a sample of code for writing to a GSM modem. Also, a pdf file with details on setting up a Falcom A2D GSM modem. The LEN command calculates the number of bytes to be sent to the modem. The rest is self explanatory. The modem is available from distributors (Falcom call them partners so look there for a local distributor) Falcom modems By the way, the data memory file is included with the project. Dialling information, message etc. Be careful, the data memories are in ASCII except the last character of the first send command which is in HEX. The phone number is for an Ozz mobile. For mobile use the country code and drop off the first "0". For land line use the normal number as in ISD dialling. EG:- 61 (Australia) 2 (not 02 as in NSW) and then the number. The sample is in CX-Programmer as Syswin does not support the CJ1 or CS1. Sorry I took so long but have been very busy. Regards Bob GSM_Modem_Setup.zip Edited by BobB