Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RalphW

Mitsubishi Conversion: .hdr, .mnt, .nam, .prg, .pgm, .prt File Extensions

6 posts in this topic

Greetings, I'm new to the site and have a question: I need to convert a PLC program from Mitsubishi to Omron. I have done this before, but not on a program this old. Instead of the current, project based files, I have files with the following extensions: .hdr, .mnt, .nam, . prg, .prm, and .prt. What do I need to use to read these files? Thanks in advance, Ralph

Good day I'm new also but not to Mitsubishi. The file extensions that you mention are, I believe,from a project created in MEDOC and are the project header, monitor, name, program, parameter and print files. I would suggest that you try simply copying them all into a project in something like MEDOC 2.4 and view from there in its (probable) original form. Hope this helps.

Ralph, I can printout your projects into Word documents, if you need. My email is truyzky@yahoo.com. Edited by Sergei Troizky

If you have GX Developer, you can import the old medoc files into GX and print them. Other way is to open the PRN file in notepad and print it

Thanks for the advice so far. I have GX Developer (8.something). I'll have to look at it and see how to import them. THanks again. Ralph

Thanks for your help gentlemen. I got the programs open. (You have to go ahead and create a new project first.) Thanks again. Ralph