Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wordman

Micrologix 1100 Embedded Web Server

8 posts in this topic

I was looking at the Embedded Web Server Data View, where you can look at the data files of the processor. Not the fasted refresh, but still, it's pretty cool. Since it's available through this front end, I'm wondering if you can access and log the data available using a script somehow. Sort of a poor man's OPC Server Has anyone looked at this? edit: I just made a sucessful Query in Excel to update data from the Web Server. When I have more time I will add details Edited by Wordman

If anyone was interested, here's how I did it: -Login to the web-site -Right click on the data table that you are viewing, and select "Export to Excel" -In Excel, set up your web query to automatically refresh, say every 1 minute. -If you re-open the xls, you have to enter a login and password of admin or a user you set up in the micro web front-end -I set up a recurring macro to output one of the values of interest, in this case C2 to a csv file example vba: Dim FileNum On Error GoTo FixIt FileNum = FreeFile Open "C:\test\data.csv" For Append As FileNum Print #FileNum, Date & "," & Time & "," & Range("C2").Value FixIt: Close FileNum keep excel open. No need to leave the browser open. Set up the macro to reoccur however long you want the sample rate to be. It worked well, and I can see this being a useful troubleshooting/monitoring tool to use

I'm very interestes, but I try, and hav lot of problems I can't Export to EXCEL where is this option? thanks

What version of Excel do you have installed? Are you using IE? If you don't get the export to excel option by right clicking on the data in IE, try within Excel: Data > Import External Data > New Web Query If you don't have that option, you don't have a recent enough version of Excel unfortunately. Web queries are relatively new, (i think with office xp) and not many people use them, but for something like this it's great.

Hello, I'm using EXCEL 2000 and IE 6.02 and I have tryed export from excel and I have a message: that say "plesae upgrade your browser"

I looked it up and it appears that web queries have been around a long time, it's just new in Excel 2002 that you can create the query directly from the web page(by right clicking on the data). You should only need IE 4.0 or later. But if you have 2000, you have to set it up manually within Excel. You have some kind of Office issue and since I am not a MS expert and I didn't do it that way, I can't really help you.

hello, I try with Office 2003, and I can export to EXCEL, but not the data table, I think the problem is the firmware version of Micrologix, in the new frn 3 you can write in the data table via web server, but you can't export data table to excel.

I tried it to confirm I was using FRN2 and upgraded to 3 to see, and I was unable to create a new query. I tried using the old query I had set up, and it didn't show any values. That is very unfortunate that you can't do this with FRN3. But the ability to enter data via the web out-weighs the negatives.