Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Ryan

Question about Anolog Data Acquisition

2 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm a beginner, and I don't konw how to get anolog data using 1769-IF4 in the programe.Can someone tell me? Thanks a lot! MicroLogix1500 +1769-IF4

Oh it's been a few weeks forgive if I am wrong "ken".... I think that card is selectable mamps input or voltage 0-10V. I normally use 0-10V for items such as load cells and basically you want to set it up as a range. Let's assume that you installed the analog card in slot 1. So Input I:1.0/00 would actually give you an interger value. Linear to the 0-10V input if you have your card wired as such. 0V would give you at reading a I:1.0/00 of 0 as the interger value. and 10V would give you a full range reading at I:1.0/00. It's not the interger max value like you would expect either, I forgot off the top of my head where the max interger value is at full scale. Maybe someone could help me remember. So anyway, you can then use those interger values to scale something. Like 20 interger units equal something like maybe 100 lbs of force lets say. Then assuming that logic, you can write code or scale your input and use only LBS units elsewhere in another word value. There are example programs in the download section. This has Transducers on a SLC 5/03, but you can see how I used the input values if you open the program and find them. http://www.mrplc.com/dl/index.php?action=v...entry&entryid=2