Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeprey

Cx-programmer Ver 2.0

4 posts in this topic

I downloaded and installed CX-Programmer ver.2.0. The installer is asking for CX-Server to be installed so that CX-Programmer works. Where can I get a free copy of CX-Server?

Hello jeprey, CX-Programmer will come with CX-Server already supplied (assumming it is a legitimate copy!). It will be in the folder - CX-Programmer \ Disk1 \ CX-Server. By the way, that is a pretty old version of CX-Programmer you have there. There will be no support for the following PLC Series - CPM2*S* CS1H-H CS1G-H CJ1H-H CJ1G-H CP1H FQM If you intend using any of those PLC families, you'll be in trouble with CX-Programmer v2.0 Current version is v6.1 (and shipped as part of CX-One), and is light years away from the version that you currently have. Hope this helps Regards anonymous

Hi anonymous! Thanks for the information. I got the CX-Programmer installer (free) from a website. I don't have a license number for this, so during installation, it was noted that the software will run in "Junior" mode. Finally, the installer asked for the CX-Server which I do not have. So I have the program installed but it is not working. Anyway, I have just sent a request for a demo version of CX-One from www.smartplatform.info. Maybe I can get it faster than having to find the CX-Server software. Edited by jeprey