Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToddM

Dos Printer Emulator

4 posts in this topic

Hi Folks....I've been fooling around with Logicmaster 9.05 and would like to print some of my projects {either to my printer or to PDF format}. Has anyone used a DOS printer emulator to print from logicmaster and if so are there any freeware or inexpensive ones I can download? Any help would be appreacated. Thanks and later...Todd

Hi ToddM, I use Jaws PDF Creator. It prints out anything to PDF files. Works as a normal printer in Windows. Do you want a dos based printer emulation app? Can you not run the software inside windows and print it directly as if it was printing to a 'real' printer (dos mode)?

If you want to print from a DOS program to a network printer, you have to bind the printer port used by the particular DOS program to the network printer path.For example, let's say your DOS program prints to LPT1 (most DOS programs do) and your printer is on the network at the following network path: \\MY_SERVER\PRINTER Go to the "DOS/Command Prompt" Type the following command: NET USE LPT1: \\MY_SERVER\PRINTER and press ENTER. I also found a shareware program that might work: http://www.dosprn.com/

Hi folks....Thanks for the replys. I think the "DOSPRN" freeware might work. I can print to my printer but not to PDF yet but I'll figure it out. Thanks and later...Todd