Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

Any Citect Guru's Around ?

7 posts in this topic

I am in the UAE commissioning an installation with a Citect system and although I dare to say I know my way around this software something is puzzling me. I'll leave monday so any help appreciated. It's a stand alone system configured as I/O, alarm and trend server. My alarm summary is cleared every time I start up Citect, althought there were entries in the summary on shutdown. I use a customised alarm page with alarm groups but I just use standard functions to list the summary, and I never have had this problem before. I know the alarms and probably the summary as well get's saved in the ALMSAVE.dat file.My active alarms do stay saved, as they are acknowledgded as they were on shutdown when I start up the system. There is a summary clear function but this is behind a level 8 button and I'm positive the function isn't called anywhere else. During runtime all summary entries are listed correctly. In my Citect live I always took for granted the summary gets saved to disk so I don't know where to look for the problem. I have searched the help and the KB but nothing turns up.

Try checking the [Alarm]SummaryShutdownMode or the [Alarm]SummaryTimeout. Search them in the Alarm Parameters section of the Help file for more info. Hope that is what your after.

Thanks for your reply, I found them too but they were on default setting. I just didn't have enough time to look into it... perhaps I will post it on the Citect e-mail ist.

hi admin, i deal with the afcon p-cim SCADA software in company. i want to learn the citect software. how can i get free vrsion of this software.

The Citect software used to be available for download from the global site but I believe that is not possible anymore. But if you contact your local Citect rep I am sure they will be happy to send you a copy. Have a look here for your nearest contact.

Hello, The problem is you are using a standalone system. And indeed the summary gets cleared everytime you shutdown citect. Only the active alarms and the not acknowledged alarms are logged to the alrmsave.dat file and are reloaded to the alarmserver when citect starts. As far as i know there is no way to get around this, if you find a solution let me know. We solved this problem by saving the alarms in a database and displaying the database using an active X. this also allows us to go back much further in time. Greetz, jimbo

Well that's strange , I have a strong memory of past projects which were also stand alone systems, where the summary did get saved somehwere so after a shutdown it was still available. They could only get lost when you cleared them, deleted the almsave.dat or the entries were flushed. I suppose a summary isn't of much use if it is cleared on a shutdown. Than I will have to look in to the Active X. Do you have any examples on this ?