Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rduen

Plc Password For Kv40at

3 posts in this topic

Hi, Please help,, Is there any way to put a password in my KV40AT PLC to protect my programs against any unauthorized editing/modification.

Hello rduen, To protect Keyence PLC program from reading, many PLC experts put MEMSW $8000 command at the beginning of the program. BUT, it protects it from Keyence Ladder Builder only. Any person can read such "pseudo" protected program the same way as Ladder does it with 0x32, 0x00, command. Keyence has not implemented any real read protection. Probably because not many people really need it - there are other ways to protect you work. For example our Datamemory Editor (tool for direct modification of DM values in PLC program without a source code) or Backup Tool (to read and write back a PLC program) reads any Keyence PLC program regardless of that MEMSW. I know at least one another software from another company who reads any Keyence PLC and that software was existing before ours. So there is no protection. Unfortunatelly. But you can try to protect your programs using other ways: licenses, hardware check, etc. Steve Edited by plcutils

Could you tell me what sort of software different of KV Builder can read the PLC Keyence. Best regards Thank you