Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ppetre

PC to CPU 315-2DP communication

2 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, I am asked to find a way to have a PC (100 meters away) linked to Siemens PLC only to read four or five signals. The problem is that I am at the beginning in having experience with Siemens. My system consist of 1 CPU 315-2DP and 1 CP341(RS422/RS485). The CP341 is not used at the moment. After I spend some time on the web I reached the conclusion that the cheapest solution is next: - Software: Prodave or Protoll/Pro and - Hardware: 1 MPI adapter and 2 RS232/RS485 converters. I kindly ask those with experience in Siemens PLC to give me some comments or advice. Best regards, Petre Popescu, ppetre@k.ro

Howdy! I would juse ProTool/Pro and a CP5611 for this. You can fit this over Profibus (CPU315-!!!2DP!!!) or you go over the MPI-Bus. I am using both at the moment. Don´t know the highest connection on MPI on our system, but i can say that ProTool/Pro runs with 500 active PowerTags and a 187.5k connection over MPI with no Problem. If i remember right the highest MPI-Connection is 10MBit at the moment ?! But if you have to go 100m i would prefer 1,5MBit or smth. I also have running a Profibus Connection over 100m with 2PC´s (Based on ProTool/Pro), 3 Micromaster 400, OP17. I got no Promblem with the connection. And it´s 10MBit. But i would juse 1,5MBit. Then u can use normal connectors ... and so on The CP5611 supports both ... Profibus and MPI Best Regards Gobo