Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adriano_pedro

Cpm1a - Mad01 Configuration?

15 posts in this topic

Dear all, I'm new in this field. Actualy I'm not even from this area... I'm a biologist and researcher. In order to develop a new application based on pressurized condition, I'm designing a device that could have a selenoid valve that would be controled by a PLC to open and close according to the defined parameters. Therefore, I bought a Selenoid valve Type 2822 from Burkert, with a Controler Type 1094 also from Burkert. To control all of this I also bought a CPM1A PLC and a Analog I/O (MAD01) to be possible to connect the valve controler. ALthough I new on this I managed to create a Program (the one available for download) that did work but for the outputs of the CPU... My great difculty is to set the Analog outputs in order to send the signal to the valve controler and control de valve... I know that its very likely an very easy work for some of you, but for a biologist!!!! Can some one help me doing this? Thank you very much in advance... Best Regards, Adriano Pedro. PS: the manual for the valve controler is also available for download(pdf) Prog020206.cxp MA1094_Standard_EU_ML.pdf

The address of the MAD01 will depend on the model number of the CPM1A. Please provide a complete part number for the CPM1A. Basically the MAD01 will use the next two input channels and the next output channel. You will need to configure the MAD01 channels at startup for the proper ranges. This is documented in Section 3 of the W353 manual: Download Here Let us know if you need any additional help

Hello, The PLC is a CPM1A-30CDR-A-V1. Is this enough? Regarding the W353 manual, I already have it and read the section 3 but.... ... sorry I need help... Thank you very much in advance, Adriano Pedro...

We will need to know the range for analog input 1, analog input 2 and the analog output. Analog input 1 will be channel 2, analog input 2 will be channel 3 and the analog output will be channel 12. Once you get them configured using a short time delay after startup, you should be able to read the analog input values by monitoring the channels (it will be in hex from 00 to FF (0 - 255)). By moving a value of 00 to FF hex to channel 12 the output should give the correct voltage or current value. Hope this will help.

The problem is that I dont really know what would be an input in this case. I dont have any external device has an input. I just want the PLC to do that input in the Analog I/O Unit to be converted in an output that I can connect to the valve controler... Anyway I think the input range should be the same as the out put range (I dont know I I'm telling a by mustake!!! ) and the controler range works within 0-10V and 0/4-20mA... If it's not too much for you... could you send me an program example of what I should have for this case? Is it too complicated? Sorry for the inconvinience... Thank you very much for your help... Best Regards, Adriano Pedro

From your requirments: 1. You seem to want to control and maintain a SETPOINT pressure. 2. You obviously have a device that will bring the pressure in the form of an ANALOGUE signal into (Input) to the PLC. 3. The PLC then will output an ANALOGUE OUTPUT signal to the valve controller which in turn will control the valve. QUESTIONS: Do you need to control other DIGITAL devices, eg On/Off start buttons etc ? What is the range of the pressure input you are trying to control and the type of accuracy you are expecting. ? Do you need to display the pressure and Setpoint adjustment ? IMO if you want to display and control the pressure only then I would opt for an OMRON Temperature Controller. This will work for pressure in your application as well. The MODEL number would be an E5CN-C2ML-500. This can take a 4-20mA input signal (hopefully your pressure transducer can provide this) and output a 4-20mA signal to control the valve via the burkert controller.

Hello, Actualy I don't have a Pressure value as an setpoint to be the Input. I have a Solenoid Valve that is controling the passage of gas from a CO2 bottle, and the pressure is set by the bottle manometer. So, I just need to open and close the valve in a defined time interval. Therefore I bought the PLC to make that control ( to open and close the valve) and the Analog I/O unit to make the interface between the PLC and the electronic part of the valve. That's why I don't have an Input... Thank you very much, Best Regards, Adriano Pedro

Adriano Pedro! Its my small idea. I am trying to give the complete logic to control a solinoid valve through Analog output. Here assumed Solinoid valve have 10 angles. If ur Analog output is not basing on Analog input, u very well can create a program to rotate with in from 1 to 10 position by the use increment or decrement istructions. Input condition u can put two toggle switches for increment and decrement. Here you need to use the APR function/instruction to set up Analog output values for the ranges 1..10. Nothing But u r defing the linearity of the output from 0-10v (if output is for 0-10v configuration). Ex: 1 position: AO(Analog Output) needs to deliver 1v--0 Hexa 2.position:2v . . . 10: 10v...FF Hexa I don't know about the analog addressing in CPM1A that to for MAD01.But u can follow addressing as said by qtsuport. My Program addressing is based on CJ experience and carried the necessary comments on rung. So u can make on CPM1A now.i am in little bit hurry.so i can't make on CPM1A setup. let me know is it enough please. Lakshmi Example.cxp

Maybe we need to start at the beginning. How do you want to control the valve? I am getting the idea you just want to set a value in the PLC from 0 to 100 for percent of valve open. Nothing else will be involved. Is this correct? Also, how do you have the control board for the valve setup, 0 - 10vdc, 0 - 20 ma or 4 - 20 ma? Edited by gtsuport

Yes... In fact I just want the valve to be fully openned or fully closed. So, I just need a set value to fully open the valve after a defined period of time (eg. 3 sec.) and a set value to be sent (after that) to the valve controler to fully close it for a defined period of time (eg. 2 sec.). Regarding the valve controler it as to work with 0-10vdc and 4-20mA. (Please see page 4 of the pdf that I uploaded) Thank you... Best Regards, Adriano Pedro. MA1094_Standard_EU_ML.pdf

On the controller board, how are switches SW1-1, SW1-2, SW1-3, SW1-4 and SW1-5 set? This will determine if the controller is expecting a 0-10vdc or a milliamp signal.

As default it is: SW1-1 OFF SW1-2 OFF SW1-3 ON SW1-4 ON SW1-5 OFF Therefore it's expecting a 0-10vdc signal --------------------------------------------------- If needed... For a 0-20 mA: SW1-1 ON SW1-2 ON SW1-3 ON SW1-4 ON SW1-5 OFF For a 4-20 mA: SW1-1 ON SW1-2 ON SW1-3 OFF SW1-4 OFF SW1-5 ON Thank you, Adriano Pedro

Add a rung of logic to your program to configure the MAD01. Use the Always On flag (253.13) to start a Timer set for 2 seconds.. When the timer times out energize a DIFU instruction. Use the bit in that instruction to energize a MOV instruction. The S for the MOV will be #FF00 (must have pound sign), D will be 012 (no pound sign). This will configure the MAD01 for 0 - 10vdc. Then based on your previous information, set up your program to MOV #00FF to 012 when you want to turn the valve on and MOV #0000 to 012 when you want the valve off. Hope this will help.

Hello, Thank you for the reply... Could you verify the file that I'm sending (prog030206vs3.cxp)? To see if it is according to what you told me? I think problem is getting more close to the solution, but.... I also send another program that I've been trying... Thank you, Regards, Adriano Pedro Prog030206vs3.cxp Prog060206vs2.cxp

A couple of things on your vs3 program (but it is close!). Do not use a real input bit in the DIFU instruction. Use an internal bit (ex: 200.00). You will also need to delay sending data to channel 12 until AFTER the configuration data (#FF00) is sent. Give that a try and let us know how it goes.