Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spanner

Siemens Ti-555 Via Apt

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I'm working on a TI-555 PLC being programmed with APT instead of TI-Soft. I've copped that when you make a change to a tag, The Cross reference needs to be rebuilt with a full compile before it recognises any changes to Tags refeenced in the program. What i've copped is that i've done a full compile followed by about 3 incremental compiles and the reference Data STILL hasn't updated. it's referencing steps and transitions that don't exist any more. Does anyone out there have any experience with this ad that knows how to rebuild the reference files reliably WITHOUT doing a full compile. I know APT is a Nasty system with Lots of holes and bugs but it's been superceeded long ago and Siemens don't offer any support for it any more, so here's to dipping into the pool of knowledge!!! Any Help is appreciated! Spanner.

If you have the ability to do so, look into using 505 WorkShop which is the Windows replacement for TISOFT. It is a 32 Bit Windows application, and supports everything TI 500/505 series. It has numerous features and troubleshooting advantages. www.fast-soft.com jim@fast-soft.com

We Actually have those which are running about 1/3 of the TI-555 PLCs in the plant, The problem is that the Manufacturing lines are using 5 Ti-555 PLC's each and the programs are quite Large. It would take quite a Task to re-code everything in Ladder. (For those of you who have not to come across APT before, APT is a Structured Text Based Programming Language fot S5 and Ti-555 PLC's. Have a Look at the attachment below, this is an extract from the Instruction manual, the Text editor is purely DOS Based). I Was simply wondering if anyone out there has Used APT in Depth before and knew what was going on?

Yikes, sounds like management needs to be thinking about spending some money to upgrade everything before somthing dies with no way to revive it.

Not quite, A Company called CTI have purchased the rights and offer some support but their main focus appeasr to be development which isn't quite 100% backwards compatible... Or So I'm told!