Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest VIC

MITSUBISHI A TYPE PID BLOCK

3 posts in this topic

WHO CAN HELP ME ^^"" WHO CAN TELL ME THE PID BLOCK WRITE WAY PLEASE TELL ME THAnks

You can only use the PID instructions in QnA and Qn series PLC's, not in the standard A series

Hi, I've been writing for the new Q series using GX IEC Developer (ver 5.0) and although it has some dedicated PID stuff I thought I'd write our own as an option to use once we get on site with the gear (we're controlling a large pulley disk brake based on the weight). Here is the main rung of the POU that takes the difference between the target weight and the measured weight and applies (adds or subtracts) brake as necessary. The the bigger the error then the harder it tries, and slowing down (steps) as it gets closer to it's target. Sorry I can't explain exactly how it works, we just got it working yesterday after many days of playing with different code from versions that just had a fixed gain right up tothis version that is fully dynamic (just like real PID)........and right now all I know is it works beautifully! Ian.