Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mulderm

Get Screen "going To Online Programming State"

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I using RSLogix V7.0 and PLC5/25 processors. When I want to going online with a PLC5/25 processor I get a screen: " Going to Online Programming State searching for offline image, no matching file found " Then I must to do a upload and then I get the online processor with the offline image. This taken so long because doing the upload. Why do RSLogix5 not direct taken the offline-image? When I want to going online with a processor I want direct to online and not getting the programming state screen. Who knows the answer? Greetings, mulderm

Are you first opening the file for that processor then selecting to go online? After the first upload, if you save the file you should be able to open it later and select go online without having to do an upload. But you would also have to upload if someone else make a change to the processor.

Sounds likyour "Project File Search Path" does not include the folder that your offline file is in. change it in Tools->Options.

the problem is that the PLC-5/25 is an older "classic" style processor ... it doesn't have a built-in "checksum" feature like the newer "enhanced" processors ... the checksum is one of the things that RSLogix checks when going online ... since your processor's checksum (which doesn't exist) can not possibly match the one the software is looking for, you have to manually pick the correct documentation file each time you go online ... sorry ... that's just the way it goes ...

You are right Ron. Each time I will online I must to do an Upload. Because I have 5 PLC5/25 on the DH+ network it´s take a long time when I have been online with the processor. When I use the old AI-series software there is no problem and will I direct online. Strange isn´t it? mulderm