Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swab

Programming Software

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new to the plc world, I took a class in college on plc's and in that class we had some old equipment, so I am not failure with the newer stuff out. My setup at home is this: I have a Modicon M984-230, the software I currently use is Modsoft Version 2.62. Unfortunately this software only works on DOS. Windows 98 is the latest OS system I can get it to work on. My question is can I get this software to work on windows XP? I have tried everything and can’t get it to work. Or what programming software should I get that will work on XP and if possible works like modsoft so I still know how to use it. Any help would be great!

I suggest you look at the PLC WorkShop for Modicon - 32 Bit made by FasTrak SoftWorks, Inc. It has several of the Modsoft hotkeys built in, and is very user friendly. www.fast-soft.com jim@fast-soft.com

Hello I'am new on this forum, I need a communication cable diagram for the telemecanique TSX27 is this interface seriel or 20mA? I'am looking also for programming Software and manuals. Many Thanks

You should have created another topic, since it's nothing like the Modicon 984 software above. As for the programming, the TSX27 was a 20mA current loop. And the software only ran on OS/2. One of the guys in the forums here has posted a link to download a Ghost image of a PC with OS/2 and the old PL7 software installed.

Please, I am almost crazy for the MODSOFT DOS version. Please send to me, I am from Brazil and cannot find here, and need this version to start up a machine. My e-mail is avventura@uol.com.br

It is illegal for anyone to 'send' you Modsoft. It's not a free software package. Copying it is software piracy. Modicon doesn't sell it anymore, you'll need to look into ProWorx 32 or Fastrak Softworks PLC Workshop for Modicon.

these are part of the "cost savings" of moving production overseas Edited by Wordman