Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest i_canoe

ASII and MicroLogix 1500

3 posts in this topic

I have customer with a pc application, they want to control a PLC output with an ASII string from the pc program via the RS232 com port. I've never done this and would like to shorten the learning curve. Any thoughts would be appreciated. All the Best

What would the ASCII string be? What I would do is setup an ASCII read buffer on channel ZERO. Then if I had control of what the ascii string is, I would send a number if I could because there is instructions in AB that will let you convert your ASCII to a real number that you can compare, once you can compare you can turn on or of an output. I don't have an example that I've done, but check out the ASCII instructions in the SLC or Micro, it's pretty easy.

Thanks, I done some reading at ab's knowledge base and found the command set for ASII. From what I've seen I believe I can use a 1200 Micro and keep my cost down. Here's the project; a city has lagoons of waste water that are pumped to several large pivot irrigation system. Each pivot has it's own computer to run a water pattern, all system communicate via modem to a pc with a software package made for irrigation control. when water is called for by a pivot system or no pivots are running I'll have to start or stop the lagoon pumps. should be simple, all you got to do.......... Thanks again Chuck