Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

CX-One V1.1

20 posts in this topic

For all registered users of Omron CX-One V1.0 the update for CX-One V1.1 is available for download at the European Download Center. After logging in, you will be provided instructions to dowload the files from the Omron FTP server. But beware, the total download size is 1720 Mb

WOW!! Lord help you if you have only a dialup connection!! I just calculated that with my ADSL line here at the office, I will be looking at a 30 hour download! Times at least 3 for my 49k dialup at home. To say nothing of the load on the server.

Your colleagues will be thankful for a nice quiet day without e-mail I surely will be downloading tomorrow

I downloaded it a week ago. It take 3 work days to download.

Too bad , this means their upstream isn't very good. It takes me 3 hours to download 2 GB at home when I have a good connection at my max speed. Will try anyway. Nguyenthanhcanh, did you also download it from the European site ?

Yes. First, speed is slightly fast but after that it become too slow. I think the server was overload. You know, about 150kb/s at the first and then 5 --> 25 kb/s. It's too bad. Anyway, I downloaded and installed successfully.

Took me 2 hours

V1.1 installed smoothly. Noticable additions are CX-Drive, and CX-Designer, replacement for NS-Designer and now also part of the CX-Family. The version of Support Software included in CX-One of this version is as follows. CX-Programmer: Ver.6.11 CX-Integrator: Ver.1.11 CX-Simulator : Ver.1.60 CX-Designer : Ver.1.00 CX-Motion : Ver.2.22 CX-Motion-NCF: Ver.1.30 CX-Motion-MCH: Ver.1.00 CX-Position : Ver.2.20 CX-Protocol : Ver.1.60 CX-Process Tool: Ver.5.00 Face Plate Auto-Builder for NS: Ver.2.01 CX-Thermo : Ver.2.01 Switch Box : Ver.1.61 CX-Server : Ver.2.41 CX-Drive : Ver.1.11 CX-FLnet : Ver.1.00 CX-Profibus : Ver.1.01 Another feature which is excellent; an update utility which checks for necessary updates. Fantastic

when i registered my copy of CX1 and went to the download area, i was notified that due to its size the update would have been available only by requesting it to local reps, and this was about mid to late last november. Also i registered first the software in Omron Asia Pacific, because i bought it in Malaysia, but after entering the downloading area here was advised that they did not offered the upgrade. Since some of the posters here appears to be located out of Europe and still can get the upgrade, I guess that now Omron Europe is handling program upgrading for all the, so this means the registration is not linked to the geographic area of origin, and in theory an user registered let's say in USA can login in Europe or in Asia?

i just used afternoon to download and the speed was always around 120kB/sec, so I don't think the upstream is so bad (it took however between 4 to 6 hours to terminate the full download)

The upgrade is not yet on the Singapore site (as of yesterday).

Just a side note on the CX-one auto update utility. It's a bit strict in how your enter the user data. The first time you use it on a system you have to fill in 3 fields. Region code, e-mail and license number. Region code: enter code including leading zero's so for Europe enter "02" E-mail: enter the exact same e-mail with which you registerded, CaSe SeNsItIvE !!! License: enter the 16 digit license number WITHOUT dashes or spaces. After this downloading and installing updates is a piece of cake!

I cant seem to find an american download and when I go to the EU download that is linked at the top of this page it doesn't let me log in... I enter my username and my password and it just takes me back to the login page with no message or anything Any hints?

I'm not sure where the place is to download CX-One 1.1 for American users. Perhaps at the US Software Registration & Download Center although CX-One isn't listed. I'm sure Jay knows the right path...

Based on my conversation with Tech Support yesterday (5/2/06) I think they are still working out the details. Try checking with your distributor. They should be able to assist. Hope this will help.

Singapore is about as helpful. That is why I registered my copy in Europe and can get the downloads.

It seems that it was a glitch with their website. I was able to get in there today so when I find my key I will register and then DL 1.1

The download is pretty big Chris - 3 CDs. Also, they will take a few days to get back to you with confirmation of registration.