Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richard1

f1 + f2 Series

6 posts in this topic

what cables/interface unit do I need to connect plc-pc. medoc and gpp available would like to back up and convert programs so these O.A.P's can be laid to rest!!! Edited by richard1

For the F1&F2 PLC's you need an interface module. This is called an F2-20 GF1 which connects to the front of the PLC. You will then need the older comms cable (SC-02) to connect this to your PC. I wish you luck in finding a F2-20 GF1 as they have been obsolete for some years now. Perhaps Mitsubishi will loan you one FOC if you are using their new PLC's for the replacement. Otherwise you have to pay!

i also have the same problem with these oaps but i do have have access to a gp-20 but im still stuck as to how to connect the f1 or the gp to my laptop. i currently use GX del although i do have an old medoc version somewhere on a disc. any ideas, cables ect would be a great help

Guys, navillusi is absolutely correct. The only way to connect to F1 or F2 is to add F2-20 GF1. Ask your local Mitsubishi to loan it. This will give you RS422 port on the PLC. However, standard SC05/09 cable will not work, because it uses +5V power from PLC and GF1 will not provide it. You need an older SC adapter with external power supply. Also you can add external +5V power to our MicroA-25 cable. Alex

I am not sure about SC03, just never used it. If it has external PS it should. Also if adapter draws power from PC port it will not work with some laptops... Look HERE Alex