Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nitinkakade

SLC 5/03 is not coming on network

6 posts in this topic

hi guys i m new here. Wishing you all a happy new year. I need help in connecting nine SLCs on a DH485 net coming out of a PC having a PKTX-1784 card. Each SLC( not all the same type) connects its RS232 to this net through a AIC/NetAIC module. Please take a look at the diagram attached. Now the problem situation... 1.) 8 of these 9 Plcs are communicating, only one is'nt. 2.) The guy marked in red won't talk to the upper DH 485 network.He seen however on RSView connected to His DH 485. 3.) I had chnged the node ID and CPU for the same SLC.But the problem persists.To be sure I have checked out all the AIC cards and they work. 4.)While configuring the node ID,I have taken care to allot the same node No for both network. I will be ever greatful to the fellow who help me out with this one. mrplc.doc

My first thought was that the processor might be the same node number as RSLinx but if I read the post correctly you have tried changing the node number for that unit. I would try swapping cables with a known good unit. Also is processor baud compatible with the rest? Does the unit function in the network, is this just a problem seeing it in Linx?

hi rwraley Thanks for looking and your Prompt reply Actually previously the processor is SLC5/02,i had changed it to SLC 5/03 but while changing this i had also changed the node no. As its DH485 port is communicating to local net,i am using its DF1 port-by converting it to DH 485 as instructed by some expert. I had changed all the couplers,cable with some other SLC where i did the same above mentioned Procedure,but i found there they all are ok. i checked the address for Linx to also it is not coming in RS Logix. I am attaching the Scheme for the same above Only RED marked is not communicating.Rest all are communicating. please help me out mrplc.doc

Greetings nitinkakade, and welcome to the forum ... I’ll assume (gosh I hate that word) that you’ve carefully checked all of the settings on (and connections to) the 1761-NET-AIC ... but here’s a quick memory jogger of some common trouble spots ... tell us how these are set and we’ll go from there ... it might be helpful to compare these items to another node which is working correctly ... also ... what Node address are you using for this one? ... your drawing doesn’t seem to show that information ... and if you haven’t already found the documentation for the 176-NET-AIC, here’s the User Manual for it ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

Hi, dude! With a similar problem I tried unplugging all PLC's from Network, and then connecting one by one, verifying that all PLC's are detected by RSLinx. This procedure works fine for me. Regards!

Thanks buddy, i also unplugged all the plc's and tried one by one,but still not able to get it on network. I am little doubtful about Communication ports and CPU OF the PLC. Do am I right or suggest me something more.