Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
etron

Basic question - need lil help!

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I'd like some basic infos on programming Siemens S7 200 PLC. We use the basic software included in the package : STEP 7 - MICROWIN 32 I wanted to know if in this software, you can run your program and can watch the progress of the cursor on a Grafcet? Also, are there any free alternatives to STEP7 - MICROWIN 32 for programming? If not, can anyone tell me where to find a good E-Book on programming SIEMENS S7 200 PLC with STEP 7 MICROWIN? Thx a lot!

You should go to www.siemens.com/s7-200 where you can get manuals, sample code, and such. You can also get the trial version of the software. You can monitor online what is happening in the program. Get the manual from the above website and look up the online monitoring function.

Where exactly can you download the demo software. I went there but when I click the software download section it pops up something (I assume an error) in german with no links to go to.

I guess Technophobic refers to this page.

Apparently there is a broken link in that page. I opened the Site Map and found it that way. Here's the link... http://www.automation.siemens.com/s7-200/h...on_microwin.htm I have no idea why the regular way isn't working but hey, it's a website, they're not all perfect. The links for the manual and the samples worked fine...

Thanks. That link worked great

If you don't find the trial version, I have a copy and i can upload it in a free server, let me know if you want it. Additionaly, I can share a few manuals and example codes Regards! Edited by guillencito