Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
balerjoe

UF Machine!

31 posts in this topic

In this project we are going to you a prefilter simply as a media to protect from bigger particles contaminating our membranes. Below is a PDF of what I will be using fh_1843_prefilters.pdf

Sorry not able to open the attached file, but it means, You are using FIlterpress or something like this as Prefilter & then you will pass raw milk to RO System. Now my question is, whats is your membrane pore size? Because i feel that your requirement is to concentrate the milk, means to seperate pure water from it or water with minerals or some other particals. It will play an important role on your system design. As your membrane pore size is small, you will get more clean water, but it requires high differential pressure between Systems BASELINE & STAGE pressure.

Greetings vinod.mojar, you should be able to download a free legal copy of Adobe Reader from this link which will allow you to open the .PDF file above ...

Guys, this is great stuff! I'll be following you on this balerjoe, since I'm busy with a complete project just in a different field, will run some comparisons as we go along and keep you posted with somw comments. Yee-ha

I Thought we were going with a simplified pilot vessel in the end? This is a great thread. A bit "in the know" and daunting looking for us lesser experienced types though.

That was the proposal for the simplified unit. Sorry I haven't moved forward on this. I have alot of projects at work I'm working on. When I can I will update this. Thanks Joe