Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gnomes

RS-485 Port

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I've been trying to connect with a VersaMax controller using the 485 port. I would like to try and use this port for programming and the rs-232 port for serial communications. I currently have a 485 box connected inbetween my computer and the plc. For some reason I haven't been able to connect with the plc yet, do I need more then the 4 receive and transmit lines the black box has? Running into some trouble just seeing if anybody out there can help out at all! I've been trying to use the same port for programming and sending serial data but it doesn't always seem to work consistently for me and it doesn't always receive data, the status byte shows an error of 1037(decimal) which according to the book means "Receive timeout awaiting serial reception of data" and I haven't figured out what to do about this error. Thanks!

I have an rs-232 to rs-485 adapter cable and I'm running into some problems when I'm trying to go online with the plc using the 485 port. It appears that the baud, parity, and so forth seem to match up but I'm wondering if there are some other settings I need to set in order for me to go online and use this port for programming. Thanks for any help!