Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
griffenn

KX-16R Programming

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to this site and am hoping for some help. I have recently acquired a working KX-16R PLC. It seem to be just exactly what I need for a project that I'm working on but I need to get programming software for it. I've been to Keyance's website and it doesn't look like they have the software support for this unit any longer. My question is am I able to use the current software for the KV series on the (presumably older) KX series unit? If not, is there a source for the KX level software? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this works well enough, I'll probably shift over to the newer, more compact, KV models but I want to 'test drive' it first.

I've never heard of the KX series before. I have had KZ series, I believe it is the Japanese version of the KV. We used the KV software with it and it worked just fine. If it looks like the KV then I would download the demo and try it.

Thanks, I appreciate the response. I'll have to check to see if I mis-copied that critical letter. ("X" instead of "V"). Although I'd rather be embarassed than to find myself at a dead end.

Hi, Turns out that this is indeed a KX-16R. It looks to be a discontinued model that predates the KV series of PLC's. I'm contacting Keyence to see if the KV software still works with this model.