Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest spunky0815

DATA TRANSFER OVER MPI 4 CPU

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I have little problem with the data connection between 4 PLC ( 300) in a network over mpi. Can everybody help me for examble( Connection from 1 to 1 PLC).I am today in China for clear this problem (network). Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Germany :*-( . thanks stefan

Stefan- I don't have anything available I can send you. But I may be able to offer some pointers. I don't know how familiar you are with global data transfer so I may give you some info you already know. In order to use the global data function you need to have all the PLCs sharing data in the same project. Also, all PLCs in the project must have their system data downloaded after a global data configuration change. Double click the MPI icon in the project under Simatic Manager. This will open up NetPro, which you use to configure the network interfaces. Make sure all the PLCs that you want communicating have a connection to the MPI link across the top of the page. If you right-click the MPI line a drop-down menu appears. Select 'Define Global Data' and the global data editor will appear. You will see a table of empty rows and columns. Left-click a gray column header to highlight a column. Then right-click the highlighted column and left-click 'CPU'. Select the PLC in your project you want to associate to this column. Repeat this for all the plcs you need to transfer data to. Left-click a cell in the table to enter the addresses to transfer. The rows in the table define a single data transfer. In any row only one plc can send data but any number can receive it. Not all plcs need to be listed in any given row. This allows you to transfer to one plc or many plcs as you need to. You define which plc is the sender by right-clicking the cell containing the sender address and making sure the 'sender' selection is checked. Again, you can ony have one sender on any given row. The sender is indicated by a > symbol to the left of the address. So as an example: Simatic PLC 1 Simatic PLC 2 Simatic PLC 3 >MD100 MD100 DB10.DBD1 MD104 MD104 >DB11.DBD1 >DB12.DBW2 MW40 In the above example: PLC1 sends MD100 to the defined locations in PLC2 and PLC3 PLC3 sends DB11.DBD1 to the defined locations in PLC1 and PLC2 PLC2 sends DB12.DBW2 to the defined location in PLC3 only You can continue to build up the table as required. Keep in mind this is NOT a very fast transfer method. And the more data you move the slower it gets. It is also not acknowledged so you really don't know if any given station gets a message on a given scan. I hope this helps. Keith

Hey Keith, thanks for this. i will test it. bye stefan .