Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benjybolox

SFC with cx programmer

4 posts in this topic

Looking at using omron cpm1a instead of our current PLCs, but would really like to program using sequential function charts This is part of IEC 61131-3 so I would have assumed that cx-programmer be able to use it, however I can not see any mention of it in the literature Can anyone confirm whether or not it is possible to use this with omron plcs? Thanks Ben

the latest cx-programmer 6.0 from cx-one doesn't support sfc, just ladder and instruction list for program and structured text for function blocks. i saw on the omron site, that you can register a software called sfc programmer but i didn't find any other proof that omron supports sfc, unfortunately. hope this helps.

When Omron does release SFC for CX Programmer, it will only be for CS-CJ platforms.

As tashinz states, there is a rudimentary SFC Programmer, (which acts as a 'bolt-on' with CX-Programmer v5.0 and above), and only supports CS / CJ Series PLCs. This also requires a 'Flash' upgrade to the PLC. There is always CVSS (old DOS based software) for use with CV Series PLCs, but that's probably taking a huge step backwards - not to mention the cost of a CV PLC! As Jay points out, when CX-Programmer does support SFC, it will only be for CS/CJ Series. Regards anonymous