Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bwest63

Recipe - storing and retrieving

2 posts in this topic

I am using a Panelview 300 and a Micrologix 1200 plc and need to have a sub-program that stores and retrieves up 25 recipes, each recipe will have up 15 files of data. I need to use a 4 digit product code on the panel view to store and retrieve the data, Any help or programing examples would be greatly appricated. Thanks

Have you ever used indirect addressing? You could use indirect address to locate certain words that contain each of your recipes. Then once you know a "range" on words do a COPY 15 words to a set of "working" registers. Use the working registers to process your information. For example: N7:0 through N7:14 are working registers, use those in your process. Let's say the user calls up code 1250. You can either use that number or make it equal something. I'll do the equal. And use that number in an interger somewhere...I''ll pick N7:50 1250 = 12 = N7:50 So my addressing would be a copy stament for a retrieve: COPY N[N7:50]:0 and 15 words to: N7:0 in indirect addressing, your PLC would see the above as: N12:0 and 15 words to N7:0 Your rung above would never change. The next code someone enters. 1350 = 13 - N7:50 COPY N[N7:50]:0 and 15 words to: N7:0 in indirect addressing, your PLC would see the above as: N13:0 and 15 words to N7:0 See how that is working? See if you can use some concept of the above idea to retrieve information.