Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tmechanic

GX Developer to prog Fx1N

10 posts in this topic

I have to convert an old Omron program to a Mitsu FX1N using GX Developer, I'm having trouble finding timers, or will I need to build them out of counters like the original Omron program did. Here are the first 3 rungs I need to convert, notice rung 2 uses a one second pulse and a counter to create a 5 min timer. 00000 |---] [---+---] [-------]/[----------------------------------------( ) | 00003 | 00009 C000 00108 | SEN. #1 | | L. PLATE| |---] [---+ | 00010 | | SEN. #2 | | R. PLATE| |---] [---+ | 00011 | | POWER | | RELAY | |---] [---+ | 00108 | THE NEXT TWO RUNGS WILL SHUT OFF CONVEYORS AFTER FIVE MINUTES | AND RESTART CONVEYORS WHEN A PLATE REACHES ENTRY SENSORS. | | RESET 1 SEC CONV.SHUT | LAMP PULSE OFF TIME 00007 |---]/[-------] [---------------------------------------------[CNT ] | 00202 01902 [ C000] | [ #0300] | SEN. #1 [ ] | L. PLATE [ ] |---] [---+---------------------------------------------------[R ] | 00010 | [ ] | SEN. #2 | | R. PLATE| |---] [---+ | 00011

You have plenty of timers and counters available in the FX1N (256 of each to be exact). You can certainly use a 1 second pulse (address will be M8012) and a counter, or use a timer address of T0 thru T199 which are 100 msec timers. If you give T0 a preset of 10, that's one second. Timers are coded as output coils, but instead of a Y address for an output, you put T0 K999 (space between Tx and preset, K indicates numeric constant, so this would be a 99.9 second timer). Hope this helps. Be sure to download the FX Programming Manual II (JY992D88101D) from the downloads section here and look at Chapter 4 for more detail.

Thank you, that helps alot, I was fogetting the constant. Can the time be made dynamic by using a memory location instead of a constant, in AB it would be N for integer in Siemans it would be MW or DMW for memory word, I can't remember what it is for Mitsu.

Yes, timers can be dynamic, replace the K (decimal constant) with a device location such as a "D" register. i.e. -----(T10 D100)

OK, one last question to make sure I have it straight in my head, to reset a nonretentive timer all I need to do is make the rung false, correct?

Yes as soon as the rung becomes false the elapsed is reset until the rung becomes true again. Rodney

Thanks Rodney, that's what I thought. I have another question that the manual has been less than helpful with. Is there a dedicated "Start of Scan" bit?

what manual you have?

The man is Mitsu JY992D88101 rev. C

Chapter 6.2 (page 353 of 468), ---edit--- i'm using version D of same manual