Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jhutton

LSS Software

5 posts in this topic

Pdl, I downloaded the LSS software from the link you provided. I'm running Windows XP Pro and the install hang on Checking System Configuration Please wait...... Do you know off hand if this software will run on XP/DOS? I read something on another post about a using processor slowdown utility. Thanks

It appears that there are some utilities that will let you run LSS under XP, I have not tried this. You will also want to download the LSS helpsheet in the download section of this website. You will also need a hostlink unit (#3G2C7-LK201-EV1) to connect the C20 to the computer. Good Luck, and let us know if you have any other questions.

I haven't used LSS myself, but CPU killer is a known utility to slow down the CPU speed to let you run DOS programs. I believe it's also necessary to keep the file names under 8 characters. Good luck!

or you can use a free utility called slowdown to slow down the computer

Thanks, I haven't seen the C20 yet but from what my custumer describes he has the host unit. Couldn't find the utility for XP but had an old laptop with WINDOWS 98 on it. Still had to run in DOS mode and edit the Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files to get the software to install and run. Going to get parts to make cable now. Thanks for your help