Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
QONY

NT20M-DT131

17 posts in this topic

hi all.. I try to receive data from PT ( NT20M-DT131 ) to PC ( NTS V2.33) but is not sucsesful , mesage from tool : Unable to receve screen data . hi all..... what is wrong , I try use NTM 4.1 is same . I use RS232C for link between PT and PC And this is a cable configuration , is it correct? please tell me. NT20M PC ( 9 pin ) 2 ------------------------------- 2 3 ------------------------------- 3 4 ------------------------------- 8 5 ------------------------------- 7 4- 6- 9 ------------------------------- 5 Please .....anybody know , help me thanks.

This cable should work: Omron Universal Cable @ Mr.PLC.com Hope this helps.

Thankyou .... for your information . But , I try to conect it is not sucsesful , the mesage is same ( unable receive data screen ). Sorry .. I forget to give this information. My program in PT is in Japanese language and my Support tool is in english . Is this problem ? And where can I get support tool in japanese language? Please .. give me solution for this problem . thanks

There will probably be a dipswitch that will switch the language from japanese to english. If there is a dipswitch it will most likely be switch 2. PS: If there is no program in the unit. The tool will say that it can receive data. Edited by NOOBIE SvS

hi.... all Thank you for your reply this topic . If in NT no data , but I conect this NT to PLC C200H-RM201 , It can run . So , in NT20M still keep data . Maybe, is there wrong for procedure receiving data ? or there is DIPswitch must be set before receiving data ? Please .. give me information of it .

Are you sure your cable is correct and otherwise working?

It is unclear to me what steps you have taken. Did you put the PT into transfer mode? Here is the operation manual for the NT20M. The page states it is the NTSS manual but it is indeed the NT20M operation manual.

Thank you for all I am sure of the cable conection , my conection like as the drawing of NT20M manual . Is it correct ? I put PT ( dipswitch 2 --- S.RAM position ) but I can't put screen to transmit mode , I don't know why . I try push it but not succes , maybe is blocked ? why and how to broken it ? Maybe this is cause of myproblem , PT can not be put in transmit mode . So , anybody know ? please tell me thanks..

What are you doing to try to get it into transmitt mode?

hi.. all thank you for your helping. Now , I can transfering data from PT to Tool ( my last problem is PT is not EEP-ROM so transmit mode can't be diplayed ) I try to modify one screen , I transfer it from Tool to PT , but PT say : PT memory is not a RAM , sending failed. So , I put SW2 into S-RAM ,but transmit mode can not be dispayed So , what can I do to broken it ?

I saw this problem discussed in this very forum. I can not find it now. Try searching this forum.

Here it is. This problem appears to be similar. I hope this is useful.

thaksyou..very much But , I think mycase is different I can download data from PT but , I can not upload data to PT Tool say " PT memory is not a RAM " sending failed . Maybe Tool can not send data to EEP-ROM , must with ROM writer . I don't have ROM writer . So , anybody has ideas , please tell me

EEPROM is Electronically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory and the NT unit can program it. Obviously you need to switch the memory type selection switch back to eeprom. I have no idea why there's a problem where you can't get to the transmit mode when eeprom is selected. I guess you just have to play with the switches.

hai ...... all Until now , I still can not send data memory from Tool to NT . Myproblem is type NT's memory chip , If I want to send data to NT , NT's must be RAM type memory chip. Or I write to EP-ROM and then I put it in NT. But don't have a ROM WRITER So ,I want to change type memory chip from EP-ROM to S-RAM . Is myidea imposible ? What type ( IC S-RAM ) can be used for NT20M DT121 ? Anybody know , pleaase.. tell me

My 2nd NT20M, which has s-ram, has a chip from SEC Km681000BLP-7L, which is a 128KB chip. Chips from other manufacturers work too and it can be smaller, don't know if it can be bigger. I don't know the speed requirement, but i think you can find that info from the NT20M manual.

Thankyou verymuch for all....... Now , I can transmit and recieve data . Thankyou ..