Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alky

SYSWIN 3.4

10 posts in this topic

I have been working with Omron controllers for a while always with a hand held programer, have just started with a host link and SYSWIN 3.4, after installing the software on my office desktop i tried to link with the plc (C28K) hooked right up, uploaded program made changed and downloaded seveal times, i was so happy i thought i would try to get a field computer ready, (laptop) installed software and tried to link with plc got a (Communcations error " RECIEVED HEADER TOO SHORT"), hooked back up to my desktop and recieved the same error. Can anyone help? Thanks alot!

Unmount the hostlink from the C28K and the re-mount it again. Then try your connection. Hostlink sounds confused.

tried that made no difference. thanks!!

A long time since I used Syswin but if I remember correctly it had something to do with the communications being set up for 1:1 and should be set up for 1:N for Syswin. Set the hostlink DIP switch for 1:N communications and try again. Edited by BobB

These settings have worked for my C28K and lk201 hostlink unit, though i have only tried it with syswin 3.2( if that makes any difference). I haven't changed them: SW1: machine no: 0 parity: even data format: ascii power on: program (in other words all from SW0 are set to 0) SW2: baud rate 9600 SW3: default (dip 1 =1, the rest are 0)

Have checked all the switches every thing seems to be good, i didn't change any of them after the first time i tried to hook up and it worked, it was just after trying to get my laptop to work that i had this problem, i am working with my desktop again now and still nothing. Thanks everyone for your help!!!

Weird, something must've changed between the tries. The only thing comes to mind is some sort of problem with the cable, but i don't know.

This may not be your problem, but i have a new dell laptop, and whenever I try to use any software that uses the serial port, I have to go into the control panel-system- and reload my serial port drivers. Then everything will connect and work okay. I am running windows 2000 on my pc. My IT group has tried to figure out why I have to do this, but after letting them rebuild my PC a couple of times and having to reload all of the software, I just make it a habit now that everytime I try to use the serial port, I just reload the drivers for the serial port.

Dead on with the com cable found a stray wire strand between pin 2 and 3 Once again THANKSSSSS!!!!!!

Heh, NP, good thing you found the cause.